Search Past Posts

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

40 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 40 weeks (hello, due date)
Size of baby: According Monday's sonogram, she's already around 8 lb 10 oz (give or take a pound). Apparently I grow big babies (if that number is accurate).
Total Weight Gain: 34 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Obviously. I've already put up most of them though, so I'm limited to just a few outfits.
Gender: We're having a GIRL! Harper Kate :)
Movement: Baby girl moves a LOT. And now she's big, so it's actually painful. She also gets the most active at night, so falling asleep is pretty difficult.
Sleep: I'm not sleeping well anymore. Crazy contractions are keeping me up late and waking me up early.
What I miss: Not needing to pee every thirty minutes. Really, it's getting out of hand.
Cravings: Eh, nothing. I'm not even hungry anymore.
Symptoms: Just all the pre-labor stuff. I've been having LOTS of contractions, which would be great if it wasn't such a tease. Monday night I timed them for 3 hours because they were regular and getting closer together. They got down to 7-8 minutes apart for over an hour, and then they just stopped. Same exact thing happened last night, only they were 5-6 minutes apart. So every night I go to bed thinking I'll wake up to stronger contractions, and then I wake up super cranky because I'm obviously not in labor.
Best Moment this week: It's been a rough week. I'm really thankful for Matt, who is the most selfless, thoughtful person I know. He's doing everything he can to make life easy for me these days. I'm just frustrated with my body and its seeming inability to go into labor. I know, I know. Lots of people go past their due dates; it's totally normal. I guess I just got it in my head that since this is my third baby and my body is in much better condition as far as alignment goes (thanks, Dr. T!), I'd have Harper in my arms before today.

So I'm still praying to go into labor without being induced for a third time, but this waiting is really cramping my control freak tendencies.

One of these days I'll write a post that's not a pregnancy update. I just realized it's been a very long time since I've written anything of substance. Oops!

Thanks for hanging with me, and hopefully next time I'll have a birth story and some sweet pictures to share!

No comments: