Search Past Posts

Friday, June 29, 2012

Major Catch Up Post

The problem with waiting 11 days between blog posts is that so much happens that I sit down to write and then I just get completely overwhelmed and walk away from the computer.

Well, tonight I am facing my blog and am determined to catch up.

I nixed my VBS post. I couldn't decide which pictures to include in it, and I figured most of you wouldn't care about it anyway.

So since my last post, here's what we've been up to.

I've been searching Craigslist daily for a solid wood dresser to serve as my sewing storage. It can be ugly. I want to paint it. Unfortunately, people seem to think that their hideous, old dressers are worth far more money than they are. Or maybe I'm too cheap. Anyway, I want something waist-ish high with about 6 drawers. Is that too much to ask?!? Apparently it is. The search continues.

My cousin Amy gets free advanced screening movie tickets all the time because she's a rock star like that. We met up for a cousin date to see People Like Us (which I surprisingly really liked), complete with a pre-movie dinner at Chuy's. I'm pretty sure it's a rule that we have to eat at Chuy's when we're together. You're not familiar with Chuy's, you say? It's only the best Tex-Mex EVER. I am in no way exaggerating. I don't do that. But really, you're missing out if you've never been.

Matt went on a police ride with Nick.

The kids and I went to the zoo with Kendra and baby Camila while Matt slept after the night ride. I took no pictures. It's getting too hot to go to the zoo. Boo.

We visited our friends at the nursing home. I've never talked about it on the blog, but we go every other Wednesday night to sing and talk with the residents at a local home. They are so incredibly precious, and even though there are some weeks that I don't "feel" like going, I'm always so glad that we did.

Matt's given some guitar lessons this summer.

We had a garage sale crashed Cody and Whitney's garage sale. We didn't have that much stuff, but we went through the house and found enough to contribute to the sale. We only made about $70, but considering the last minute nature of it and the amount of time we put into it, I'd call it a success. (Thanks again, Whitney!)

I went to the lake for a girls' weekend with my dad's side of the family. My mom and I left last Friday afternoon to meet Chelsea (my sister-in-law), Amy (cousin), Nana, Aunt Teresa, Aunt Kay, Aunt Cristi, and Cristi's friend Nora. It was so chill and much needed. We ate tons of food, went on a moonlight boat ride, played Canasta, went tubing, and talked on the covered deck. I was only there for one night, but I totally missed Matt, Avery, and Landon.



Landon is walking SO WELL NOW! He even stands up without help and just goes. He's so stinking cute!!

We had a busy Sunday this past week. The O'Briens were in town from Mexico (where they're missionaries), so we stayed after church for a potluck lunch. They are such a cool family, and I love hearing about their ministry through their house church and community center. And Avery loved making new friends with their youngest girls! That evening we had a really great prayer time at church before going to the Smiths' house to eat pizza and swim. We really love our church family. :)

The Sanders girls came over for dinner on Monday! Beth was my mentor my senior year of high school and on through my college years. She listened to all of my drama and never tried to fix me. Her girls were 2 and 6 when I met them, and now they're almost grown!! Karis Marie is going to be a freshman in high school next year, and Lolly just graduated! They make me feel old. :) We live over an hour away from each other now, but when we catch up it feels just like old times. Minus the emotional roller coaster that I used to make Beth ride!

Mom and I went to see Rock of Ages at the late showing, and we almost fell asleep on the car ride to the movie theater! I loved the music but would probably enjoy the Broadway version more than the Hollywood one. It was fun hanging out with my mama though!

Avery finished her last swim lesson. She's come so far since her first lesson! Now we just need to keep swimming so she doesn't lose all that progress. And now you're singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" in your best Dori voice. You're welcome.


We had a much anticipated dinner with Ricky, Candace, and Jacob! I haven't mentioned it on the blog yet, but they MOVED! They live only 45 minutes away now and that is beyond awesome. Candie and I were college roommates, and she is one of my favorite people in the entire world. They lived in the Austin area forever, and while we loved going to visit them, I can't even tell you how excited I am that we can meet up for spontaneous hang outs and go to each other's houses without packing a weekend bag. Hooray!!!




Landon finally got his one year vaccinations. His ear infections took almost a month to clear up, but yay that they're finally better. I may have cried when they gave him his shots. I can't handle the how could you let them do this to me? look. Ugh.

I met my dad for lunch today at Razzoo's in downtown Ft. Worth. I hadn't been in his office since probably high school. I have the coolest dad, so it was nice to get some one-on-one time.

After lunch I ran a kajillion errands to try and get ready for Avery's birthday party that is this Saturday!  I can't believe my baby girl is about to turn THREE!

Whew, I think I'm caught up. Props to you if you made it this far! I have got to go back to posting regularly (and taking more pictures); these marathon posts are getting out of hand!

We have a super fun and exciting weekend coming up, so I'll have lots to post when it's over!

1 comment:

April @ Red-Dirt-Mama.com said...

Can I tell you how excited I am that I will get to see you sometime very soon? I am.