Search Past Posts

Friday, April 19, 2013

24 Weeks


Eek, more terrible picture lighting. I'm really bad at this blogging thing these days!

Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 24 weeks (and two days, oops!)
Size of baby: Almost one foot long and a little over 1 pound, the size of an ear of corn
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 14 lbs. Yes, that means I gained NINE lbs between my last two appointments. Holy growth spurt! 
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I really hate maternity pants though. Why can they not make them so they actually stay up?!?
Gender: We're having a GIRL! Harper Kate :)
Movement: This girl moves a LOT. I can actually see my stomach moving already.
Sleep: Yes, please. I need it. I can't fall asleep before 1 am and then I spend the whole day exhausted.
What I miss: Having properly fitting clothing to wear. Not feeling like a whale. It's too early for this.
Cravings: Just food. Really, it's sad. I've been eating way too much cereal and sugar (hence the enormous weight gain).
Symptoms: A huge belly, occasional heartburn, back pain (although that's pretty much under control again), a massive appetite
Best Moment this week: Trying to hear Harper's heartbeat at my appointment but not being able to because she was SO wiggly that they couldn't get a measurement. I think she's doing okay in there. :) Also, hitting 24 weeks means viability! It's hard to believe that baby girl could survive if she were born today, and obviously she needs to stay put for awhile, but that means we're getting closer!

No comments: