Search Past Posts

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And we're back. And this is not really a post.

We made it back from campmeeting on Saturday night and then had a crazy busy (but somuchfun) day on Sunday. I just got back on the computer today.

I so enjoyed my internet break last week, and it's been hard to motivate myself to blog. I finally uploaded my campmeeting pictures to Facebook, and I'm slowly but surely catching up on reading blog posts I missed while I was gone (the ones I wanted to catch up on anyway). So maybe I'll post (a real) one of my own soon. (And honestly, I didn't even miss Facebook. Crazy, huh?)

Our laundry piles are slowly vanishing and there is again food in our house. However, my project list is getting out.of.control. Oh, and our floors are just screaming to be swept and vacuumed. If I wasn't so lazy tired, I'd post a picture of the status of our house. It ain't pretty.

I should be going to bed right now, but I'm going with my mom and sister to the midnight showing of The Help tonight and I cannot WAIT! I just read the book this week, and I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I fell in love with the characters, and the story is just so beautifully written. 


Oh, and apparently I broke Nutmeg's toe before we left. I think she's getting better though. She should be getting better with what her pain meds are costing us!

UGH, it is SOOOOOO hot!!!!! And yes, this fact does deserve all of those exclamation points. And probably more. I don't remember the last time I was praying for the temperature to cool off to 99 degrees.  I mean, doesn't this heat wave know how hard it is to take an infant anywhere right now?!? I should really remember this in February when we're iced in, but for now, I'm over the heat. I'm over this rant now, too.

This is what we have to look forward to. Hey, at least there might be clouds soon!
I'll leave you with this sweet picture of my smiley little boy. Oh I just want to kiss his cheeks! Too bad he's sleeping.


I'm off to the movies. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was out of it last week with VBS, and now I have VBS hangover, so I've gotten on the computer probably less than half the amount that I did just 2 weeks ago. =p Don't miss it at all. =p Sounds like you had a ton of fun!! I'm already reading 3 books right now, but I might have to sneak The Help in there too. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. No need to talk more about that weather though. Yuck! I'm happy with our high 70s this week. Come over.

Kati said...

He's looking older! I'm taking a facebook break too right now and am enjoying it thoroughly. :> Who knew I didn't have to know what everyone and their dog was doing all day??

Can't wait to see the movie! I'm half way through the book right now and going with a group of girls to see the movie next Thursday!