Search Past Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friends, Beautiful Weather, and Baby Registries!

Texas is ridiculous. It's January, but yesterday was a gorgeous 79 degrees, so we took full advantage of the beautiful weather!

We went to visit my friend Amy and her two kids in Ft. Worth in the morning. My sister-in-law Chelsea met us there with baby Evelyn, so there were kids everywhere! I actually met Amy when we were both bridesmaids in Chelsea and Aaron's wedding. We had both had baby girls just a few days apart only two weeks before the wedding, so we had an instant connection. Amy and her husband just moved up to DFW from Austin this week, so it was fun to meet up! The kids had a blast running all over the place, and we finished off with a lunch trip to Chipotle. I love that place. Maybe as much as Chick-fil-a. Maybe.

Sweet Ryan!

My gorgeous sister-in-law Chelsea with precious Evie

I couldn't get these two little peas in a pod to say still long enough to get a good picture. Avery and Carissa were so cute to watch!

Amy and Landon

After we got home, Landon continued his nap, but Avery had slept too long in the car to stay asleep, so we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. In short sleeves! In January! It was such a tease though because today was a high in the 50s. And then tomorrow is back up to 70s. I told you Texas is ridiculous. We'll get our actual winter weather in February I'm sure.

Anyway, back to Friday. Matt got home from rehearsal just in time for me to leave for our soccer team sleepover. I didn't stay the whole night, but it was so much fun to have one last hurrah with the girls. We all went to On the Border and then back to one of the girl's houses for swimming (don't worry, I spared the girls the sight of me in a swimsuit!) and movies. I may have eaten two three s'mores bar cookies that I will be finding the recipe for and sharing with you very soon. Yum. We had the greatest group of girls on our team this year, and while I'm enjoying having the extra time with my family, I really will miss seeing them every day!

This morning we had a pretty chill wake-up with the kiddos. I love Saturday mornings when we're all home. Pajamas, happy kids, and breakfast make me one satisfied mama.

I had a baby registering date with my friend Kendra this morning, so Matt got some more quality time with the little ones while Kendra and I spent hours (hours!) perusing each aisle of Babies R Us and the Target baby section. Lunch at Panera Bread and a kid-less trip to Joann were just an added bonus! Let's just say that baby Camila is gonna be one well-accessorized little girl! Plus it was fun to have some girl time with a sweet friend.

The rest of our Saturday night is upon us, so I'm gonna go spend it with my amazing husband. And some laundry, but let's focus on the first part.

No comments: