Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A glimpse at the chaos

I have what some might call a "Type A" personality. I admit it: I'm high strung. I'm competitive to a fault. I like things done a certain way. I make lists in excess. I think I can do everything, so I do. (Everything, that is.) I have a hard time relaxing. I'd rather be doing than just being.

Therefore, it is a complete enigma that I allow my house to become such a disaster zone. The living room is littered with baby toys. The couches are the bases for stacks of clean laundry just waiting to be distributed to dressers and closets. The kitchen table has become a second mailbox of sorts. I'm sure there are bills to be paid somewhere under the piles of junk mail and magazines that have been haphazardly tossed onto the nearest solid surface. There is dog hair all over the floors. The laundry hampers are overflowing. There are dirty dishes filling the sink. I can't even remember the last time I washed our sheets.
Yes, I realize that this post is a little too honest. My ulterior motive in airing our dirty laundry (pun intended) is that I'll have some motivation to do something about the chaos that surrounds us at home.

Oh, and we have company coming tomorrow. Better get to work!

1 comment:

Kati said...

I'm not sure if I'm totally type A...my dad is not sure what to make of my digression in being organized to a T like when I was at home. But- I do let things pile up, because if I can't do it PERFECTLY, I don't want to do it at all! Plus you have a baby, so it's understandable! :>