Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

31 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 31 weeks! Only 9ish to go!
Size of baby: Over 16 inches long and about 3.3 pounds (the size of 4 navel oranges)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 17 lbs. (give or take a lot; I don't own a scale, so I'm going by my last appointment, which was like five weeks ago)
Maternity Clothes: I'm in mostly maternity clothes because I don't want to stretch out my "real" clothes, but I still wear some regular tops.
Gender: We're having a boy! Landon Matthew. :)
Movement: This baby is very active. All the time.
Sleep: What's that? I told Matt to not let me go to bed without getting out the body pillow tonight. I haven't slept well in about a week.
What I miss: Being skinny :) Okay, so that's a little vain. Sorry. I also miss being able to bend over like a normal person. Everyday activities are getting a little awkward. Hey, I can still see my toes though.
Cravings: Pretty much anything sweet
Symptoms: I have to pee like all the time. TMI, but annoyingly true.
Best Moment this week: Um, it was a good week? I can't think of any pregnancy-related highlights to add today, but I am excited to (finally) go back to the doctor tomorrow. I somehow got off on my every-four-week schedule, so five weeks feels like forever between appointments.

I did decide though that I need to wear my navy long sleeved maternity shirt every single day. I got stopped at church a kajillion times yesterday by people who told me I looked too small to be as far along as I am. They are obviously mistaken; I blame the shirt.

And I'm guessing that now that I'm getting closer to the end, I need to brace myself for all kinds of comments. That was my least favorite part of pregnancy the first time around. Why is it that people feel the need to eliminate their filter when speaking to a pregnant chick? Sigh, that's another post for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never give unsolicited advice. And how about people trying to touch your belly. Umm...would you be touching me if I wasn't pregnant? Yeah, that's a bit strange.