Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Therapy

So I don't really think I'm in need of real therapy. My parents didn't scar me too bad and I'm married to a pretty swell guy.

But sometimes life with a toddler is stressful.

Imagine my delight when I rediscovered the simple joy of the coloring book. Hours upon hours of mindless, therapeutic bliss. Needless to say, I'm down with Avery's new obsession (mostly because it's also become mine).

Now I just need to work on her attention span so I can finish a whole page.



But even if it's just in 15 minutes increments, I'm thankful for an activity that encourages uninterrupted conversations with my little girl. No computer, no TV, just the glorious scent of cerulean Crayolas.

Who needs therapy when you can color?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean!! I'm so glad to have found MOPS this year. If it's in your budget, you should think about joining if there is a group in your area. Oh, and I LOVE coloring!!!!