Search Past Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I know I say this every year, but I'm still not a big fan of Halloween. But since I have two super cute kids, I figure I might as well dress them up. That and, you know, make memories for them and whatnot. Oh, and get some chocolate out of the deal.

Maybe Halloween isn't so bad after all.

Anyway, I went all Suzy Homemaker this year and made Avery and Landon's Tinkerbell and Peter Pan costumes. I absolutely LOVE the way they turned out. I used this tutorial for Tink, and this tutorial served as my inspiration for Peter Pan (I really only made a hat and "belt" since I just cut up a green t-shirt and used some pants we already had).

Avery got to show off her mad fairy skills at the costume parade at Mother's Day Out. She stripped out of it during naptime, but at least she made it through the morning. I also got to test out its construction since I desperately needed to wash it after it lived through craft time. (I did have to make an easy fix to one strap because I am still a sewing novice.)


Landon got some time with Ms. Iris while we waited for the parade!

Avery with her teacher Ms. Joy


On Sunday night Landon joined in the fun when we went to a Trunk or Treat at the church where I grew up. Lots of kids from our church were there, so Avery had a blast seeing her friends and taking in all the excitement. Landon just hung out; he's good at that. 











We got a late start to the evening since I didn't get home from practice until 6, but exhaustion aside, we had a really nice evening. We live in a good trick or treating neighborhood though, so we might give that a try next year.

I'm just glad the ghosts and goblins are done for the year so we can focus on thankfulness and Jesus. Bring on the (real) holidays!!

2 comments:

Kati said...

Real Holidays :-) I agree. We never celebrated it, but it IS fun to dress these kids up...Avery is looking so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Great costumes!! I was lame and made the girls reuse their flowergirl dresses... I'm not a big Halloween fan either. We probably wouldn't even do anything but our church does Trunk or Treat as an outreach so we did a crafts trunk...the trunk itself wasn't actually crafty at all, but the kids seems to enjoy the crafts they made. =p