Search Past Posts

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

14 Weeks

Hello second trimester! The first one pretty much flew by, and I'm not sad about that in the least. And now that I'm past the boring part, I figure it's a good time to start the weekly updates! And for the record, I am showing WAY earlier than I did with my first two. Way earlier. I'm a little nervous about how big I'll be at month nine, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there, haha.

Note to self: Take future pictures in the morning when you don't look so, uh, rough.
 
Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 14 weeks
Size of baby: About 3.5 inches, the size of a lemon
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 1 lb as of my last appointment, but I'm sure next week I'll have a different story.
Maternity Clothes: My pants physically hurt me, so I busted out the maternity stash already. They're a little big, so my Bella Bands are my best friend. I'm still in regular shirts though.
Gender: We'll find out (hopefully) in March
Movement: None that I can feel so far, but the baby was super active on the last ultrasound
Sleep: I'm sleeping okay for now! 
What I miss: The option to drink Chuy's margaritas. Mmm, happy hour.
Cravings: Tamales. Isn't that so weird? Also unfrosted strawberry Pop Tarts. Toasted with butter. Don't judge.
Symptoms: I'm pretty tired, but that may just be because I'm a night owl and my kids are early birds. My nausea has gotten much better (I still swear by my chiropractor. She is amazing.), so I'm feeling good these days!
Best Moment this week: Honestly, my chiropractor visit. I fell asleep during heat therapy and it was glorious.
What I'm Looking Forward To: My OB appointment, choosing a boy name (SO HARD FOR ME), and feeling movement



1 comment:

Jamie Butts said...

I am showing wayyyy earlier than I did with my first two, too. And, I was bigger than you at 14 weeks (and way bigger now!) if it makes you feel any better. ;) You look great!