Search Past Posts

Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Five: Back to School

Confession: I'm writing my Friday Five on Saturday. Normally I would just skip it since I didn't have a chance to post on Friday, but I wanted to do a Five on my first "official" week as a SAHM. I'm also publishing the post to read like I posted it on Friday. It's my blog; I can do that.

1. MONDAY: Grocery day! Not too much excitement, but it was nice. We played lots. Avery's really good at that. That night Matt and I got to go to the Ranger game with our sweet friends Katherine and Justin. We met Katherine during Little Women, and we just love them. To top it all off, the Rangers beat the Twins (the Longs are from Minnesota), but I'm not a bad winner or anything. Hehe.


2. TUESDAY: Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I already posted about it though; no need to beat the horse. He's dead.

3. WEDNESDAY: Is it sad that now I can't even remember what we did on Wednesday? I know we went to Costco. I know it was better than Tuesday. Hmm.

4. THURSDAY: Errands day. We hit the doctor's office, the bank, the DSM box office to get tickets for Shrek: The Musical, and Northpark Mall. Apparently Northpark is the place to be for mommies (and nannies for that matter) with strollers and too much free time. Holy cow, I felt out of place. But then I realized that I wasn't. I am, in fact, a mommy with a stroller and (gasp) free time.So I rocked that stroller. And Avery's always a rock star in public places; she waved to everyone, and practiced her new favorite word by shouting "Baby!" at every stroller we saw.

Avery loves Chick-Fil-A. This is no secret. So naturally we got our lunch at the one in the food court. However. All those mommies and strollers meant that all those kids also needed high chairs, leaving none for us. None. How do you run out of high chairs? So Avery was a big girl and sat next to me in the booth. She seemed so grown up! And sweet-- this girl loves giving hugs. She would stop after every bite to give me a great big hug. My shirt was practically ruined with chicken nugget juice and fruit remnants by the end of the meal, but it's washable and there was no way I was going to make her stop.


I also took the opportunity to introduce my sweet girl to my favorite smoothie ever: blueberry banana from Thirsty's. Oh my goodness, if you haven't tried one, go. Go now. It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway, Avery was in love. In fact, she threw a nasty little fit when I tried to put her in the car because I took said smoothie away. I'm so mean.

On Thursday night we got to meet Avery's Mother's Day Out teachers. They're both super sweet, and I think Avery's going to love it there. She's the only girl in her class, and she's also the youngest (but tallest, ha!). She starts next week, yay!

5. FRIDAY: This was the only day that we didn't go somewhere. We were super lazy and just hung out and played in our pajamas for most of the day. Avery fought both of her naps ferociously (which was a recurring theme of the week), but when she wasn't screaming, she was quite pleasant. :)


I made an intense dinner though: chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Courtesy of the Pioneer Woman. Love her. But I don't love how she makes everything sounds like it's easy breezy. I forged my way through the recipes though and nobody got sick. Point for Heather.

And Matt's family got here on Friday evening in time to see Avery before she went to bed! We're so excited they got to come for the weekend! There is much fun to be had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love PW too but yup, it looks so easy in the photos...it also helps that she doesn't have a toddler at her leg anymore. Makes a huge difference in cooking when you keep having to stop. She also doesn't show pics of the prep work and clean up which is all part of cooking too. =p