Search Past Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our Weekend So Far

In an effort not to post our weekend update halfway through the next week, I figured I could just update in the middle of all the action!

Matt went to the Ranger game on Friday night with a bunch of guys from church, so we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill with my mom. Landon was supporting his team since he couldn't be there.

This girl loves macaroni. Appropriately enough, Macaroni Grill has really good mac and cheese. Our waiter told me (after we ate) that it comes in an adult portion, too! Guess what I'll be eating next time we go there...
This morning we went to the "farmer's market" in town. It has just gotten smaller and smaller this season. We didn't even find any produce worth buying, and usually we get something. Disappointing. So we went to the library instead so Avery could check out a Fancy Nancy book and Elmo DVD.

We stopped by a garage sale on the way home, where I scored a brand new bottle warmer and accessory sterilizer for $1. It was still in the box, so heck yes. I also got a doorway jumper just like one we already have so I can keep one up at church for Landon to play in when I'm working.  Not having to lug another thing with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays was well worth that $5.

Landon had a good time watching Allison's soccer game!

Kendra and Jordan came to the game, too. I totally cut their cute little puppies out of the picture, but you can just take my word that they're adorable. And Kendra and Carlos just got theirs from a shelter today! They named him Nolan. As in Nolan Ryan. There's a reason we're friends. :)
I did not inherit the photographer genes. Okay, and the sun was in my eyes. How cute is Chelsea's little belly?!? It was good to see Aaron and Chelsea for a little while!

I'm so proud of my sister! I can't believe she's a senior this year.

You're looking at the game-winning goal scorer! She had a beautiful header right off the corner kick. Landon was so proud of her that he wouldn't even look at the camera.

Landon and I went to Chick-fil-a with my parents for dinner and then came home to a quiet evening with just the two of us since Matt took Avery to his choir party. We sure missed the other half of our family, but we enjoyed the extra bedtime snuggles. Ooh, I just love that little boy!

Oh, and as a side note, our house smells like a campfire. My neighbor Brooke called me this afternoon and asked if I knew anything about the fire. Turns out there was one just down the road today. I passed by it on my way home from Al's game, and it looked like the fire fighters had it under control by that point. There weren't any flames left (just some more smoke), but the whole field was black. Man, that seems like nothing compared to what's going on in Central and East Texas, but all these fires are just scary. We're definitely praying for rain in these parts right now.

Alright. I've got some laundry to tackle while Matt makes his famous calzones for tomorrow's potluck. And then we're going to catch up with our favorite characters in Dillon, TX. Seriously, if you haven't watched Friday Night Lights, you are missing out on the best show on TV Netflix. Go watch it and thank me later.

2 comments:

chelseaharp said...

Thanks for getting a picture of my most attractive angle ... :)

Anonymous said...

Love Mac Grill.