Search Past Posts

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Roomie Weekend and Thankfulness

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 
Lamentations 3:22-24

If you follow my Facebook, you know that yesterday was a crappy day. It wasn't really any particular thing that made it so terrible; it was a culmination of napless children, an obnoxious dog, overwhelming amounts of housework with insufficient time to complete it, post-baby hormones (can I still blame those?), and a brutal headache. 
I'm so thankful for for God's faithfulness and the fact that each morning is a do-over of sorts. I'm so thankful for Matt, who let me go to bed at 8:00 so I could "sleep off" my migraine while he thoroughly cleaned the kitchen and did laundry. I'm so thankful that the fires haven't hit our area (please pray for Central and East Texas!). I'm so thankful for healthy kids.

I'm so thankful.

We had a great Labor Day weekend with my college roomies and their families. I just love these girls, and I love that we still make it a priority to get together at least three times a year. It was Candace and Ricky's turn to host, so we left on Friday for Austin. 

After sitting in major traffic and doubling our anticipated travel time, we finally made it to their house. Candace is such an amazing hostess. Her house is always spotless and she serves the best food. I think I left 5 pounds heavier.

We took all the kids to a local splash park on Saturday and they had a blast. It was a gorgeous little park and only cost $1 to get in. I totally wish they'd build something like that near us.





The kids got some good naps in, and then the girls (and Ross!) went shopping at the Round Rock Outlets. I didn't have the budget to do too much shopping, but I did score two awesome pairs of shorts for Matt at the Gap, and I only spent $16 for both of them. Win.

We pretty much just hung out for the evening, but we couldn't resist snapping a few blackmail shots of the kids during bathtime. 


Sadly, this group picture was our best attempt.

Ricky's a youth pastor, and since their pastor was out of town, he got preaching duty on Sunday. He did such a great job on his sermon; it was fun to see him in a different role (you know, other than Matt's partner in crime). It was a little weird to go to church and not be in charge of anything. I kinda liked the break. The girls voted for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, so I got my rolls and peanut fix to hold me over for awhile. 



Tiff and Ross had to leave to go home after lunch, but the rest of us went back to the house so the kids could nap (goodness, so many of our plans seem to revolve around nap schedules these days!) and then Candace and I went for a quick outing to Kohl's and Starbucks. 

We left around dinner time and came home to a clean house and happy dog, thanks to Brenna and Emily, our fantastic housesitters (who even saved a few chocolate cookies for me!).

Monday was a daddy/daughter and mommy/son morning; Matt took Avery to play at the playground, and Landon went grocery shopping with me. We got to spend the evening with my family at my grandmother's house up in Denton. Since we were already up there, we got to check out my brother and sister-in-law's cute new place.

We did way too much driving, but we had a great time catching up with friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't have to tell me about those migraines. =( Glad you guys are safe. We don't have a TV (I know, *gasp*!...by choice...*double gasp*) so I haven't heard too much about that.

Looks like an awesome time with friends! I'm glad you girls makes time for each other.