Search Past Posts

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Five

1. I know it's only October, but I'm already SO excited about this summer's Vacation Bible School. And this is coming from the girl who absolutely dreaded doing a traditional VBS. The Holy Land Adventure we did with Hometown Nazareth last year was such a hit that we're gonna go to Babylon this year (figuratively speaking, of course) to learn all about Daniel! I've already got Matt thinking about the music, and I'm positive that it will be fantastic again. Hey, at least this year I won't have a 2-week-old baby when VBS starts.

2. I'm a talk radio nerd. Nerd. Avery isn't so much a fan though, so I don't get to listen to it nearly as much as I used to (it has since been replaced by Wee Sing Bible Songs, which might just make me go crazy, but that's another topic for another day). Anyway, yesterday after I dropped the munchkin off at Mother's Day Out, I tuned into a little bit of the Mark Davis show (love him!) and happened to catch him reading this article about Steve Jobs. Capitalism gets such a bad rap in the current administration, and I thought Kevin Williamson's take was spot on. If you're a nerd like me (or even if you're not), it's worth a read.

3. We got out Landon's doorway jumper and exersaucer this week! It's so weird to me that he's already old enough to use them, but he really seems to like having more to play with than just his toys on a blanket. He's growing way too quickly. It's almost time for us to start thinking about adding some solids into his diet. Slow down, little boy!!


4. I have a sugar problem. I like it. A lot. And Matt likes to bake. A lot. And then I end up eating like a whole pan of delicious brownies in two days because I'm home all day and it just taunts me from the kitchen. Add that to all the Coke I've been drinking lately, and it's no wonder that I can't get rid of the last of the baby weight. Plus I just feel like crap. My friend Kati posted today about doing the CrossFit Paleo challenge, and while I'm not quite crazy enough to take said challenge, we are going to be limiting our sugar intake around here. Starting today tomorrow. I'm tired of jiggling in all the wrong places.

5. Without going all Debbie Downer on you, it's been a pretty bad week around here. I'm battling nap times with a cute little boy, Nutmeg is driving me beyond crazy, Avery is so fun and sweet but still two, and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed trying to keep up with all my commitments. Let's just say that I have cried melted down at least once every day since Monday. Poor Matt has been so sweet putting up with my insanity, but next week really needs to be a better one.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I can't wait for VBS again too!
3. It goes by so much faster with the 2nd one...I still think E is a baby, but she's hasn't been for a looong time. =p
4. You don't have to tell me about the pan of brownies...
5. I had the same kind of week. =\ Hope it will be a better one for us this week. Praying for you.