Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Monday, April 16, 2012

Quitting, Pinterest, Yard Work, and Other Boring Topics

It seems I've traded some blogging mojo for sewing mojo (and lord knows I only have time for one), so here's a little update.
  • We're halfway through the Whole30 Challenge. Except when I say "halfway" I really mean 2/3 because we're ending it early. Yep, call me a quitter, but Friday is our last day. Matt would go the whole month, but he's quitting with his cranky wife so she doesn't feel like such a failure. Dangit, I just need a freaking cookie! In all honesty, this challenge will change the way we eat, but I need a little bit of flexibility. I'll post my thoughts on the whole process next week.
  • I've rejoined Pinterest. I mean, I never cancelled my account or anything, but I stopped checking it after awhile. It just got overwhelming for me when I would see all of these fun projects and recipes that I didn't have the time or money to complete. I'm still not spending a ton of time on it now, but it's been fun to start thinking about crafty stuff again.
  • Matt finished our fort! It's been sitting incomplete in the yard for about a year since we picked it up from a friend whose daughter had outgrown it. And now it's got an attached ladder and slide to go with the swing set. Avery is in heaven with how much she's been able to play outside lately. And since it sits right outside of our kitchen window, I can send the little kiddies outside while I cook with the windows open. Yes, even Landon because his doorway jumper works perfectly on the swing set, and he's more than content to just jump away while Avery swings and slides around him. It's a beautiful thing. 
  • Speaking of the great outdoors, we're trying to get rid of the ridiculous weeds that have completely overtaken our yard. We've actually been trying to keep up with mowing and weed pulling on a regular basis so we're not that family in the cul-de-sac. However, the gas tank of our mower needs to be replaced since it's been leaking gas for forever (That can't be a good thing, right?), so we might not get to use it this week. Anyway, my point is that yard work season has officially commenced around here, and just in time for me to throw a little outdoor shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law next month.
  • I read the entire Sunday paper last night. After A and L went to bed we sat at the kitchen table (in our clean kitchen, no less!) while Matt played some weird baseball or fishing game on the computer and I educated myself on the world's goings-on. I even got to do the crossword. It's the little things.
  • I'm really thankful that it's cool outside today. I've had the windows open all day since the high won't get past 70. I'm just prolonging the inevitability of calling an A/C guy before it gets too hot. I forgot that ours started going out at the end of last summer. Boo, heat. Boo, spending money.
Well this has been about the most boring post ever.  Eh, I guess it's fitting because things have been a little boring around here. Not that I'm complaining. This summer will be stressful enough, so I'm enjoying the downtime, as short-lived as it may be.

No comments: