Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday's Friday Five

My posts seem to be most effective (and regular) when I have a purpose (i.e. the Friday Five, Tuesday's Lists, etc.). I still need to come up with a few more, but you get the idea.

I missed Friday, but instead of just doing the usual weekend roundup (which will probably become Sunday's staple), here's my five:

1. I wore size 4 pants today. I probably shouldn't be bragging about this because I definitely muffin-topped in them, BUT they buttoned and that's all that matters, right? Okay, so maybe I still have some work to do, but this is progress!

2. This has been a busy busy week for Miss Avery. She has been blowing raspberries like nobody's business, and I'm pretty sure this is the only time in her life that it'll be cute, and it is pretty cute. Along those lines, she is also talking up a storm! She hasn't quite developed an extensive vocabulary yet, but she has become quite proficient at high-pitched squeals, and varying tones of "aaahhh" and "uuuhhhhh." And the most exciting milestone of this week is that she is ROLLING OVER! She's been kinda rocking back and forth for a couple of weeks, but she always seemed to get stuck on her side (that dang arm just gets in the way!). But on Thursday night, she finally did it. She rolled from her back aaalllll the way over to her tummy. That was about as far as she got because she HATES being on her tummy, so we'd flip her back over and she'd do it again. CUTENESS. Then today she surprised us by rolling from her back to her tummy and she just kept going on to her back again! If you're not a parent, you probably think I'm way too easily entertained, and I was going to defend myself, but I think you're right.

3. This Friday can't come fast enough. I'm teaching research right now, and papers are due on Friday. I don't even care that Friday means I'll have 150 papers to grade, I just can't spend another day answering the same question over and over (after I've already explained it 17 times). Argh! I should have some memorable quotes to post from them while I'm grading, so something to look forward to...

4. Friday is also the day that Avery will meet her future husband. :) Hehe! We're going to visit Candie and Ricky and Jacob. He's only a few weeks old (she will have to get over being the older woman), and we just can't wait to meet him. (Oh yeah, and we're excited about seeing his parents, too.)

5. Tonight is menu-planning and grocery-list-making night, so after our trip to the store on Tuesday evening, I should have some pretty spectacular deals to report.

I really need to find a hobby.

1 comment:

Kati said...

That's so cute about Avery! You have to celebrate everything right? :) Congrats on the pants!