Search Past Posts

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quiet.

I haven't really posted much lately, mostly because there's not much to say. Life has been more of the same: good, but really busy. Avery's been especially entertaining these days, and we've been enjoying lots of good family time.

But one of my students from last year was killed by an intoxicated driver on Saturday night. He was riding his bike with a friend when the guy hit him from behind and didn't stop. I don't think I've actually processed it yet because when the news update came on tonight I just started crying. It's impossible to grasp how and why these things happen, and I don't think I'm going to attempt to work through my thoughts/emotions using this forum. I can't even begin to imagine how his family must be feeling.

That's really all I've got tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quiet is nice. Sorry to hear about the student. Hope the students at school are coping okay.