Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Five: Matt-less Edition

Well, my other half is sailing the beautiful seas, and I'm here manning the fort. If something doesn't seem quite right about this picture, let me explain. Matt's choirs are performing (ahem, singing once and using it as an excuse to go on a trip) on a cruise this weekend, and although I had the opportunity to go, I decided that I'd rather not spend $500 to cruise with my students and be responsible for their well-being. Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather just wait to go when it's an actual vacation and I can wear a swimsuit without feeling totally awkward because my students are around. 

I'm kicking myself a little today though because of the following:

1. Matt's a good cook. I'm not. I ate three bowls of cereal for dinner last night. No joke. 

2. After Avery goes to sleep at 7:30 (if I'm lucky; 9:00 if I'm not), the house is way too quiet and I freak out at every single noise. 

3. The dogs know that their "master" is away and act accordingly. They bark to go out, five minutes later they bark to come in, they freak out when someone is walking in the cul-de-sac, they lick my legs (gross), they somehow find socks to chew up, and they do all sorts of annoying things that they just don't do when Matt's at home. Yeah, they know who's in charge. I've found out that it's not me. 

4. I'm bored. I love being married to my best friend. I hate it when he's gone. 

5. So. I'm going to finally sit down this weekend and watch the first season of Glee. It just seems like the show would be so up my alley (I'm a sucker for anything that includes people spontaneously bursting into song), but I just haven't gotten into it. I'm giving it another shot this weekend. 

And I'll probably eat some more cereal.

(I'm linked up to Company Girl Coffee today. Join us!)

7 comments:

Brooklynn said...

ah if I wasn't working all weekend I'd hang out with you!!

Cari Kaufman said...

I love this post! You will adore Glee! I hope you have a great weekend!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness, when my husband was deployed, I SUBSIDED on cheerios.
I agree, nothing's quite right when they are gone...
I'm excited that you'll be able to stay home soon. Isn't this such a sweet time of life?
Love, Alicia

Anonymous said...

I hate when the husband is away. =( Norm was away for training for a week when E was 1 month old. Hope you have a variety of cereals to last you.

Cheryl said...

Aww...I hope you enjoy Glee AND your cereal until he comes back home!

thecoolmom said...

How long will Matt be gone? My son-in-law is home on leave right now and then goes back to Korea for another 6 months. May I suggest an occasional bag of salad and rotisserie chicken? LOL

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Totally understand not wanting to play "chaperone" on a cruise ship! :)