Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Five

1. I feel like a real live teacher again today. My student teacher was unable to be here today (and I am truly burdened for him right now and, cliche aside, am keeping him in my prayers all day), so I'm running the roost for the next five class periods. At least I shouldn't leave school with the I-stared-at-a-computer-screen-all-day-long headache that has haunted me all week. And I seriously miss interacting with my kiddos! 

2. At 2:30 today, I'll be venturing over to the dark world of Twitter to follow the updates on the boys' regional semi-final. I'm so nervous for them! We lost this exact same game (same team, location, everything) last year in a heartbreaking shoot out, only last year I was experiencing it from the sidelines instead of in front of a computer screen. (Have I mentioned that I miss coaching?!?) The girls play at 7:30, and if one or both teams win, they go on to play on Saturday and I WILL be there! Go Panthers and Lady Panthers!

3. Larabars are the greatest healthy food ever created. Ever. I could eat the apple pie bars all day long. I'd probably throw up after eating them straight for 24 hours, but they are that good.

4. Opening Day is on MONDAY! I'm ready to bust out the happy dance because I honestly can't wait. Just be ready for the onslaught of pictures on the blog because I will be taking them. Lots of them. And I'll be throwing them in your face because I'm skipping school to watch my boys take down Toronto! Eek!


5. In all seriousness though, I'm finding it hard to choose words that adequately express the true depth of the importance of today. Instead, I'll leave you with this:
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

4 comments:

Brooklynn said...

I'll say a little prayer for your student teacher....

I'm also sad we aren't going to opening day. We usually try too! Boo.

Stephenie said...

Glad you don't have to spend the day staring at a computer screen. I am so looking forward to baseball season. Our team's home opener is on the 12th. My husband, father-in-law, and brother-in-law will all be in attendance. Hopefully I'll be attending a game later in the season. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Larabars before. I'll have to check into that.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by your blog this evening! Easter Blessings to you!