Search Past Posts

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

19 Weeks and It's a...

 
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of baby: About 6 inches long, the size of an apple, and according to today's ultrasound, about 11 oz.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Pants and shirts. Except the pants don't really fit, so boo to that. Also, I can still definitely get away with regular shirts, but I don't feel like stretching them out unnecessarily.
Gender: Drum roll please...we're having a GIRL!
Movement: This girl is a mover! I feel her wiggling around all the time these days. Matt was even able to feel her two nights ago, which seems crazy early, but I promise I'm not making it up!
Sleep: I'm sleeping great right now (yay for Spring Break and the time change that makes my kids sleep later!)
What I miss: Having properly fitting clothing to wear
Cravings: Nothing healthy, that's for sure. I got my Chuy's fix in today as a celebratory lunch, so that was pretty awesome!
Symptoms: My stomach just keeps on getting bigger, so I'd say that's a pretty obvious symptom.
Best Moment this week: I think it's a tie between finding out that baby #3 is a little girl and Matt being able to feel her moving.

I'm really excited to add another girl to the crew. Really excited. In fact, I had talked myself into really wanting this baby to be a girl because 1) we already had a name, 2) Avery has a bigger closet to share and will be a better roommate right now, and 3) we have lots of girl clothes and I wanted to continue to share them with my sweet niece Evelyn instead of debating on whether to sell them. But then after the ultrasound I was actually a little sad that it wasn't a boy. I love little boys! They're fun and loud and adventurous and sweet and just easy. So I'm weird apparently and can't make up my mind. But it's a girl and we're very, very happy about that. Isn't her little profile the cutest??


And now to answer the next question that I know everyone will start asking: What's her name? Well it's an awesome one, I'll tell you that much! Haha, we did a gender reveal photo shoot this evening for a photographer in my MOPS group who's expanding her portfolio, so I was going to use those pictures to announce the gender, but I don't think we'll have them for a couple weeks and I didn't want to wait that long. So. We'll use them to announce the name. The really great name. :) And if you hate said name, you're not allowed to say anything about it to my face. The end.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay!!!! So excited for yet another sweet Harp girl...well, Fisk/Harp girl! :) And I like the name if it's the one I think it is! Love it!