Search Past Posts

Thursday, March 28, 2013

21 Weeks and a Name

Woah, looking rough today! It has been a doozy of a week.

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: About 10.5 inches long, the length of a carrot
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Pants and shirts. Except the pants don't really fit, so boo to that. Also, I can probably get away with regular shirts, but I don't feel like stretching them out unnecessarily.
Gender: We're having a GIRL!
Movement: This girl is a mover! I feel her wiggling around all the time these days, although she's most active at night.
Sleep: Yes, please. I need it.
What I miss: Having properly fitting clothing to wear.
Cravings: Let's just say that I'm gonna have some serious work to do with my eating habits after this girl is born.  I'm not eating well at all.
Symptoms: I went too long between chiropractor appointments this time (3 weeks), and I was feeling it by Tuesday when I finally got to go in. It might've also had something to do with the fact that I moved all of Avery's bedroom furniture around by myself (Matt was working and I got the productivity bug) and totally overworked myself last weekend, but after my much needed adjustment, I'm feeling much better.
Best Moment this week: Starting to get Avery's room ready for baby girl, whose name can be found in the following picture!

Introducing Harper Kate! This was one of our runner up names for Avery, and I'm really glad we get to use it. :) My maiden name is Harp, and To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my very favorite books, so we thought it was a perfect fit. The middle name just went well with it and we liked it, so no significance there. (p.s. Thanks to Nicole at B. Photography for letting us be her gender reveal models!)

No comments: