Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 3, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing: Craft Embellishments


Okay, so I got ahead on my organizing challenge and this post (like last week's if you missed it) was actually completed a few weeks ago. But I'm just posting one a week because it's my blog and I can. :)

And you'd think that since we're going on day four of being "iced in" (although we braved the roads last night and today) I'd have completed a more recent project. Well, I have completed more projects, but they're just not that blog-worthy. In all honesty, today's project isn't that impressive, but I'm still working in baby steps to get all my craft stuff organized and cleared out of the soon-to-be nursery. I've actually come a long way and I'm almost ready to post the entire before-and-after! (You can see the "before" pics here.) But back to today's showcase.

I organized all of my craft embellishments. Geez, those things can get out of control!

BEFORE
AFTER

This project was actually pretty simple. I used a bead organizer thing (I don't know the technical term for it) to hold felt flowers, brads, buttons, and other miscellaneous pieces that I could group. I also straightened out the container for some assorted Stampin' Up hardware that still have (and use!), putting everything in its proper section. The boxes are now neatly stored in a drawer in my craft corner (and the drawer is even labeled! yippee!).

And I promise I'm close to being able to show you the finished craft corner. Not that anybody is just dying to see it, just in case you were wondering. :)

Happy organizing!

(This post is linked up to Org Junkie's 52 Weeks of Organizing)

5 comments:

Carol said...

Looks great! Happy Organizing:)

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see it because I am working on mine too a little at a time.

Kristi said...

Those bead organizers are great for all sorts of small things. Great work!

Sarah Nello said...

i wanna see your craft corner! Need ideas for mine! :o)

Sarah. x
http://home-organisation.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love that you tackled this! I have organized mine, but it never stays that way. Guess I need to clean up after myself better. You did a great job! :-)