Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 26, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing: Kitchen Tool Drawer

I missed posting my organizing challenge last week, but lest you think I've been slacking, be advised that I have essentially cleared out Landon's room (minus the closet). So I've been working; there just hasn't been much before and after to show you lately.

Yeah, that pile in the corner is the ongoing collection of baby boy stuff. This time around I'm very thankful for consignment sales and nice garage sales. Also, the dreadful curtains are hitting the road once we get some blinds for the window (we have psycho backyard neighbors). And obviously the ladder isn't staying, but its appearance means that Matt is getting ready to paint. Woohoo!

Anyway, I did tackle a smaller organizing project on Thursday, hence today's post.

My cooking utensil drawers are out of control. One of them is back under proper reign; the other, while in an improved state, is still experiencing a little bit of anarchy. Can you have just a little bit of anarchy? I digress.

BEFORE

AFTER

I obviously added the measuring cups and spoons to this drawer, so maybe the picture isn't entirely accurate. It just didn't make sense for them to be in the neighboring drawer, so I pulled a little switcheroo. I'll show the other drawer once I get some dividers for it and am happy with it. Don't get too excited now; I'm not highly motivated to organize kitchen drawers when I have bigger projects waiting in the wings.

Coming soon: Avery's room transformation!

1 comment:

Kati said...

4 days before Karlyn got here, I cleaned and organized our silverware drawers...my mom was like, you are so nesting!