Search Past Posts

Blog Archive

Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Five

I'm a little delayed in getting my post up today, mostly because today has pretty much sucked. And if I'm perfectly honest, it was mostly because of my attitude. I had no patience with Avery (or the dog for that matter), and I let my emotions (and hormones, ha!) get the best of me. Anyway, I found a few minutes to sit down, so here we go.

1. My VBS starter kit came in the mail this week! I've been waiting so patiently for this, and it's finally here! I know, it seems like a weird thing to get excited about, but I've been dying to start planning. This year's Vacation Bible School is scheduled for the week of June 13 (two weeks after my due date, eek!), and we're doing Holy Land Adventure: Nazareth. It'll be a little different from what we've done in the past, but I think the kids (and volunteers!) will love it! Anyway, I'm hoping to get most of the planning done early so I'm not stressing when I'm taking care of a newborn.

2. Does it make me a bad mom that sometimes I forget I'm pregnant? With Avery, I was thinking about it all the time. It was borderline obsessive. I think my current pregnancy amnesia is a result of 1) this weird 2nd tri stage where I can't feel the baby yet but I'm not constantly sick, so it's just not on my mind, and 2) chasing Avery all day and trying to get as much accomplished as possible while she's napping, so I hardly even get a chance to sit down, much less think about anything.

3. I love checking the mailbox around Christmas time. We've already gotten so many Christmas cards, and I love seeing pictures of my friends and their kids (or their dogs, ahem, Jenny!). I was a slacker and totally didn't do cards this year, so if you realize you haven't gotten one from us, it's not because we don't love you. It's because we're going super low key Christmas this year. So far it's paid off; I haven't been stressed about the holiday season at all. Well, except for the fact that I don't know what I'm taking to our family Christmas tomorrow. Oops.

4. I was planning on writing about how I'm so thankful that Avery's been taking longer naps these days. But then today she slept for less than an hour. That hardly constitutes a nap. But yesterday she slept for three whole hours. That is unheard of for her! And the day before it was like two hours. I had been really pumped about it because I'd gotten SO much done while she was snoozing, not to mention that she woke up so happy each day because she was well-rested. I guess I jinxed myself. 

5. Matt's break began today! I'm so glad to have him home for two weeks. We'll kick off his vacation tonight by going to our church staff/elder/deacon party at our pastor's house (while Avery hangs out with Emily at home; yay for awesome babysitters!). After that we'll head over to the soccer coaches' annual Christmas party for a soiree that is sure to be a complete contrast to the first gathering. I'm really looking forward to both, but we have to leave in 30 minutes and I'm not ready yet. Better fix that.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so there with you, except without the hormones...okay, maybe with the hormones too but not the same kind if that makes any sense at all. And I think I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night.

1. I used to be the VBS director at our previous church, or I guess we called it summer program because ours was 6-8 weeks long, all day, but I haven't been involved for a few years now. The upcoming summer will be my first year getting into it again. I can't wait! We are still singing all the songs from this summer! The girls love it!

2. The 2nd time went by way fast. Except for those last few weeks....

3. We usually do 'new years' cards, and we did a e-newsletter a few times, but yeah if there's no time, oh well. We'll just send them over to our blog. ;)

4. Same thing here with the eating. E finally got her appetite back and was eating like a beast, but then today she was super picky!

5. Hope you had a great time at the parties tonight!! Enjoy the winter break.